Choosing the best shoes for your outfit – Blackburn Rovers EFL Championship Sneaker Reze
It may come as no surprise that I’m a bit of a shoe-holic. I’ve collected quite a few pairs over the years, and love how they can really make an outfit sing. However, it’s taken me a while to figure out why some pairs work better with some outfits than others.
There used to be a lot of hard-and-fast rules about which shoes to wear with what outfit:
- Match levels of formality: pumps with a dress or skirt, sneakers for working out, etc.
- Ideally match the color of shoes to pants, skirts or tights. If not matched, the shoes should always be darker
- Shoes and bag should match, or be the same color (black with black, brown with brown, navy with navy).
- Certain materials or colors were limited: patent leather or velvet for dressy outfits only, white and other lighter colors for Spring and Summer only, etc.
- Metallics, sequins, jeweled embellishments for evening wear only.
How to choose the best shoes for your outfit using visual volume – Blackburn Rovers EFL Championship Sneaker Reze
What do I mean by visual volume? In terms of clothing, it’s what has visual “weight” in an outfit, or what the eye is drawn to. A chunky, oversized sweater will have more visual volume than one in a fine knit that’s more fitted. A wide or flared leg pant will have more visual volume than a slim leg. A long jacket has more visual volume than a shorter one. Color, pattern, texture, and layers also tend to add visual volume.
To my eye, an outfit is most “flattering” when it looks balanced. And you can use the visual volume of your shoes to help achieve that balance.
Of course, the interplay between all of these factors will determine how much overall volume a shoe has. My suggestion is to try shoes with varying levels of visual volume and see what looks best to your eye.
Your own shape and proportions may also factor in. For example, because I’m broad-shouldered, I find shoes with more visual volume work best to keep my outfits looking balanced. That used to be easy to achieve with a bit of heel, but since I stopped wearing heels over 2″ I’ve had to rely on other ways to add volume.
Connect us at:
- Our Category: https://beuteeshop.com/product-category/accessories/shoes/Reze/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/beuteeshop
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/beuteeshop1/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BeuteeShop
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/beuteeshop
From: Beuteeshop team